French for travellers
The French for Traveller's course is open for complete beginners in preparation for a trip to a French speaking country. During this 15hr long course, you will learn how to book accommodation, ask for directions, order food etc.
Order a course
Your previous selection: French for Travelers
In this class, students learn the vocabulary and language structures required to:
- Introduce themselves and someone else;
- Give and ask for personal details (name, address, telephone number, age, nationality);
- Numbers and counting;
- Inquire about and book an accommodation, transportation and at a restaurant;
- Ask for and understand an itinerary.
Course prerequisite: No prior knowledge of French whatsoever.
Textbooks: Course material provided.
Select a session
2017 - Term 1From 7 Feb to 13 Apr
10-week French courses for adults, high school students and children.
Note that Monday and Friday groups will have nine classes only because Monday 6th February (Waitangi Day) and 14th April (Good Friday) are public holidays.
Early bird discount for the re-enrolling members: 5% off the course fees when you enroll in Term 1-2017. Offer valid until Saturday 31 dec 2016.
2017 - Term 2From 1 May to 7 Jul
Sessions in 2017
- 11 March - 8 April
- 10 June - 8 July
- 02 September - 30 September
- 11 November - 16 December
Saturdays: 9.30am to 12.30pm at AF
$ 220 (including 1 tailor-made booklet, 1 term AF membership and 15 hours of French language tuition)