Linguistic Support for Students of French
The Alliance Francaise has selected some websites for you to improve your French
- Frenchabout.com has various levels of help with French grammar, reading, writing, pronunciation, vocabulary, etc. for students and travelers learning French, plus links to online courses and translations.
- Real French - a very comprehensive site with tests to reinforce learning
- French online grammar quiz - thousands of exercises to test yourself on French grammar and vocabulary
- Bonjour de France - a free educational site for learning French online with heaps of grammar explanations, exercises, tests and games for all levels (beginner to more advanced)
- BBC website - All the experience of the BBC in languages. You will find test, audio, video, online learning and much more
- Lexique Fle - learn new vocabulary with pictures: body, family, numbers, countries, train station, time, alphabet, animals, etc.
- Illustrated Vocabulary - multiple choice games with pictures helps on line learners to increase their elementary vocabulary
- Polar FLE is a site for children that like a good murder mystery. Read about the murder, find out about the suspects and solve the crime. The site offers four different levels of difficulty.
- Games to improve your conjugation
- Wordsearch game / Mots Meles - learn how to recognise and spell French words
- French cross-words - a quiz for everyone
Dictionaries and Reference Materials
- Dictionnaire français (TV5) définitions, synonymes & bilingue français-anglais
- Dictionnaire des synonymes français
- How to type accents on any computer
French Radio Stations
- SBS Radio: French Programs
- Radio France Internationale - Intermediate students will enjoy this website which includes several links with French language news broadcasts and some instructional language lessons. Le journal en francais facile provides a daily news summary (11 minutes) and a link with the accompanying text version. Both Real and Media Player versions of the audio are available. The télécharger (download) symbols allow you to save the sound files to your computer. The link "Audio à la carte" under "Écouter" allows selection of audio from a day's broadcast schedule. Early evening gives current news broadcast. Broadcast archives provide sound for various programs, searchable by keyword and date. Accompanying text is available for each of the archived broadcasts.