Terms And Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to use of the Alliance Francaise Christchurch website; and services offered by the Alliance Francaise Christchurch (also referred to as "the Alliance").
PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW CAREFULLY
Conditions of enrolment
A current Alliance Française Christchurch student registration or Alliance Française Christchurch membership is required for enrolment on any course. Payment of the student registration fee gives you access to a wide variety of services for the duration of the calendar year in which it is bought. Payment of the Alliance Francaise membership fee entitles to you these benefits for a year from the date on which it is purchased. The student registration and Alliance membership are not refundable.
The Alliance Française reserves the right to divide, combine or cancel any class, should it be deemed necessary.
Payment and fees
- Fees are due before the start of the term. You will be charged an additional 10 per cent if you have not paid within the first 2 weeks of the term.
- If a course does not reach a minimum number of 5 students or is for some other unavoidable reason cancelled by the Alliance, the fee will be refunded in full.
- Each lesson must be arranged and paid for in advance. You and the teacher must agree upon a specific date and time via e-mail.
- You can choose to pay by internet banking or in person by cash, cheque or credit card.
Withdrawal/ Cancellation policy
- If you wish to withdraw, please inform us by email more than a week before the course is due to start.
- If you wish to withdraw within three weeks (i.e. within the first three classes) after the beginning of the course, you will be entitled to a 50% refund of course fees, provided that we are advised immediately.
- The Alliance Française applies a strict no refund policy for any student who withdraws more than three weeks (i.e. after the first three classes) of the course.
- Cancellation of any lesson must occur more than 24 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time. Failure to notify Alliance Française Christchurch of a lesson cancelation prior to 24 hours before the scheduled lesson time will result in a full fee being charged for the lesson. All notification must be done by email and sent to both the Alliance Française Christchurch Administration (email@example.com) and the teacher.
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes after the scheduled start of the lesson it will be considered an untimely cancellation and no refund will be given.
- All lessons purchased from Alliance Française Christchurch are valid during the calendar year of the purchase.
Under exceptional circumstances, credits may be considered.
- For urgent medical reasons affecting you or your close family members (medical certificate may be required).
- Credits will only be issued if we have been informed beforehand in writing and will be valid for the term specified on the letter of credit.
- Classes paid for with a credit note cannot be re-credited.
- Returning students who cannot commit to the entire course may be allowed to join at a discounted rate if they are going to miss 2 or more consecutive classes at the beginning or at the end of the course. The discount will be of 10% for 2 missed classes, 15% for 3 missed classes, or 20% for 4 and more missed classes. Request for discounted enrolments must be made in writing to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org . No other discount applies.
Alliance Francaise Christchurch makes every effort to ensure that course information supplied is correct at all times. It reserves the right to change fees and tutors when necessary. All attempts will be made to notify enrolled students of changes.
Students may need to purchase textbooks or materials at an additional cost, unless otherwise specified.
Protecting your privacy and personal information is important to Alliance Francaise Christchurch. It is, however, important for Alliance Francaise Christchurch to collect certain personal information from you in order that we can offer you effective and efficient service.
We will only collect information from you with your knowledge and consent; only use personal information provided by you for the purpose/s for which it was collected; will not disclose your personal information to a third party without your prior consent; will ensure that your personal information is not disclosed to other institutions except if required by law or other regulation; and will remove your personal information from our system when it is no longer required.
You can gain access to the personal information we have about you, and provide any necessary corrections by emailing email@example.com
The security of your data is taken very seriously. All credit card information is passed through to the eWAY payment gateway for card processing. eWAY is PCI/DSS 3.0 certified. Credit card numbers and CVV codes are not stored. All customer information is transmitted via SSL. In addition, the hosting environment implements a wide array of
additional security measures to protect your data.
Alliance Francaise Christchurch makes every effort to ensure that the information on this website is correct at all times. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any future date and any changes will be posted on this page.
Last updated: 10 December 2016